By ChangMing Du, JianHua Yan
This e-book introduces a brand new expertise for environmental defense, particularly plasma cleansing. It brings jointly technological advances and learn on plasma turbines and their program in environmental technological know-how and engineering, together with infected soil remediation, waste water degradation, steel restoration from waste resolution, sterilization and polluted air remediation. It offers a balanced and accomplished dialogue of the center rules, novel plasma reactors and diagnostics, and state of the art environmental purposes of plasma. As such, it represents a worthy reference consultant for scientists, engineers and graduate scholars within the fields of environmental technology and plasma physics.
Read or Download Plasma Remediation Technology for Environmental Protection PDF
Similar technology books
Amy Ione's Innovation and Visualization is the 1st intimately account that relates the improvement of visible pictures to suggestions in artwork, conversation, medical learn, and technological boost. built-in case stories permit Ione to place apart C. P. Snow's "two culture" framework in desire of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy.
· New learn on nanofibers, preforms, complex braiding, multifunctional composites · worthy layout info and knowledge for all levels of cloth composites improvement · Multiscale research, harm prediction, ballistics checking out, mechanical layout · Civil and armed forces, structural and load-bearing functions -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This 578-page e-book is an unique and significant number of over sixty five by no means formerly released investigations within the fast-growing fabrics technological know-how box of cloth composites.
Nach mehr als 20 Jahren liegt das Nachschlagewerk zur Baukonstruktion von Martin Mittag wieder in einer völlig überarbeiteten und auf den neuesten technischen Wissensstand gebrachten Auflage vor. Zahlreiche detaillierte Zeichnungen geben eine Übersicht über das um-fangreiche Gebiet der Baukonstruktionen.
- Rescuing Prometheus: Four Monumental Projects that Changed Our World
- Ion Beams in Nanoscience and Technology
- Renaissance II : Canadian Creativity and Innovation in the New Millenium
- The Social Life of DNA: Race, Reparations, and Reconciliation After the Genome
- City Evacuations: An Interdisciplinary Approach
Extra info for Plasma Remediation Technology for Environmental Protection
Yat-sen University, 2013, ). 1 Á Plasma Á Dyes wastewater Á Degradation Á Introduction The large quantity of wastewater produced by textile industry is characterized by strong color, high chemical oxygen demand (COD), and biotoxicity. The dye wastewater exhibits serious consequences to human health and potential pollution © Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou and Springer Natue Singapore Pte Ltd. 2017 C. Du and J. 1007/978-981-10-3656-9_3 21 22 3 Degradation and Discoloration of Textile Dyes Using Gliding Arc … to the environment .
Hexavalent chromium removal from wastewater using aniline formaldehyde condensate coated silica gel. J Hazard Mater. 2007;143(1–2):24–32. 10. Chakravarti AK, Chowdhury SB, Chakrabarty S, Chakrabarty T, Mukherjee DC. Liquid membrane multiple emulsion process of chromium(VI) separation from waste waters. Colloid Surf A. 1995;103(1–2):59–71. 11. Pagilla KR, Canter LW. Laboratory studies on remediation of chromium-contaminated soils.
In this chapter, a DC microplasma that takes place at the gas–solution interface is utilized to reduce and remove aqueous Cr(VI). This study mainly investigates the Cr(VI) reduction efﬁciency under various process parameters, such as initial pH with or without stir, gas flow, initial concentration of Cr(VI), input power, type of discharge gas and an addition of ethanol that is severed as hydroxyl radical scavenger, and the effect of Cr(VI) removal in the presence of ethanol. The sediment was characterized by FTIR and XRD, and the possible reaction mechanisms are discussed.