* the main everyday technology reference of its variety
* greater than 7,000 concise articles protecting greater than ninety disciplines of technological know-how and expertise, multi functional quantity
* in keeping with the content material of the world-respected McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of technological know-how & Technology, ninth version
* greater than 1600 two-color illustrations
* positive factors quite a few cross-referenences, an in depth index, and bibliographies
* Appendix with biographical listings of significant scientists, listings of clinical symbols and devices, mathematical notations, basic techniques, and extra
* greatly up to date with 1500 new and rewritten articles
* contains assurance of the most popular components of technological know-how and expertise, together with biomedical technology, chemistry, cosmology, info technology, environmental technological know-how, nanotechnology, and theoretical physics
Read or Download McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science & Technology (5th Edition) PDF
Similar technology books
Amy Ione's Innovation and Visualization is the 1st intimately account that relates the advance of visible photos to suggestions in paintings, conversation, clinical study, and technological boost. built-in case reviews enable Ione to place apart C. P. Snow's "two culture" framework in prefer of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy.
· New learn on nanofibers, preforms, complex braiding, multifunctional composites · worthwhile layout info and information for all stages of fabric composites improvement · Multiscale research, harm prediction, ballistics trying out, mechanical layout · Civil and armed forces, structural and load-bearing functions -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This 578-page publication is an unique and demanding choice of over sixty five by no means formerly released investigations within the fast-growing fabrics technological know-how box of cloth composites.
Nach mehr als 20 Jahren liegt das Nachschlagewerk zur Baukonstruktion von Martin Mittag wieder in einer völlig überarbeiteten und auf den neuesten technischen Wissensstand gebrachten Auflage vor. Zahlreiche detaillierte Zeichnungen geben eine Übersicht über das um-fangreiche Gebiet der Baukonstruktionen.
- Getting Started with Adafruit FLORA: Making Wearables with an Arduino-Compatible Electronics Platform
- [ Science, Technology, and Society: A Sociological Approach[ SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, AND SOCIETY: A SOCIOLOGICAL APPROACH ] By Bauchspies, Wenda K. ( Author )Sep-05-2005 Paperback
- Digitaltechnik: Lehr- und Übungsbuch für Elektrotechniker und Informatiker (German Edition)
- Office 365: Migrating and Managing Your Business in the Cloud
- Structural Mechanics: Modelling and Analysis of Frames and Trusses
- Baukonstruktionslehre Teil 1
Extra resources for McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science & Technology (5th Edition)
Consequently, Arctic foxes do not have to raise their metabolic rates as much as tropical mammals do at low temperatures. The insulation is so effective that Arctic foxes can ◦ ◦ maintain their normal deep body temperatures of 100 F (38 C) ◦ even when the temperature of the environment falls to −112 F ◦ (−80 C). Thus, thick fur is obviously an adaptation to life in a cold environment. See THERMOREGULATION. In contrast to that clear example, it is often hard to be sure of the effectiveness of what seems to be an adaptation.
When both are administered simultaneously, vaccine recipients respond with neutralizing antibodies against both virus types. See ADENOSV40 HYBRID VIRUS; ANTIGEN; COMPLEMENT-FIXATION TEST; DEPENDOVIRUS; NEUTRALIZATION REACTION (IMMUNOLOGY); VIRUS CLASSIFICATION. ] Adhesive A material capable of fastening two other materials together by means of surface attachment. The terms glue, mucilage, mastic, and cement are synonymous with adhesive. In a generic sense, the word adhesive implies any material capable of fastening by surface attachment, and thus will include inorganic materials such as portland cement and solders.
There is no specific pharmacological replacement treatment for alcoholism. Disulfiram (Antabuse) is an agent which blocks the metabolism of acetaldehyde, the major metabolite of ethanol. When a person treated with Antabuse drinks alcohol, there is a rapid buildup of acetaldehyde and a severe physiological syndrome ensues, which frequently prevents or modifies further immediate drinking behavior. The most widely used treatment of alcoholism is self-help groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), where mutual support is available on a 24-h basis, along with group recognition of chronic problems with alcohol.