By Casimer DeCusatis
The instruction manual comprises chapters on all of the significant criteria, fast reference tables, beneficial appendices, plus a brand new thesaurus and record of acronyms. This functional guide can stand by myself or as a significant other quantity to DeCusatis: Fiber Optic information verbal exchange: Technological Advances and developments (February 2002, ISBN: 0-12-207892-6), which used to be constructed in tandem with this publication.
* contains rising applied sciences comparable to Infiniband, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and MPLS Optical Switching
* Describes innovative advertisement items, together with LEAF and MetroCore fibers, dense wavelength multiplexing, and Small shape issue transceiver packages
* Covers all significant criteria, frequently written by means of an identical those that designed the criteria themselves
* contains an accelerated directory of references at the world-wide-web, plus hard-to-find references for overseas, homologation, and kind approval requirements
* handy tables of key optical datacom parameters and word list with hundreds of thousands of definitions and acronyms
* buzzwords defined, together with SAN, NAS, and guy networking
* Datacom marketplace research and destiny projections from prime forecasters
Read or Download Handbook of Fiber Optic Data Communication (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar optics books
From the early floor and polished prism elements of glass lighthouse Fresnel lenses to fashionable microreplicated versatile Fresnel lenses for sunlight concentrators, new purposes of prismatic optical elements for gentle keep watch over are consistently being built. additionally, strategies using unmarried and compound prismatic and reflective optical elements are rising within the fields of metrology, polarization keep watch over, projection structures, illumination, and reveal lighting fixtures, between others.
Like several classical Greek texts on technology, Euclid's works on optics firstly got here to the West in general via medieval Arabic texts and commentaries. whereas a number of Greek types of the Optika have been stumbled on and translated as early because the 16th century, checking out what could have been Euclid's unique has no longer been effortless.
- Tutorials in Complex Photonic Media (SPIE Press Monograph Vol. PM194)
- Handbook of Plastic Optics
- Retinal Angiography and Optical Coherence Tomography
- Multiwavelength Optical Networks: Architectures, Design, and Control
Additional info for Handbook of Fiber Optic Data Communication (2nd Edition)
Gloge, and E. A. J. Marcatiti. 1979. Guiding properties of fibers. Optical fiber telecommunications. Orlando: Academic Press. 5 . , and K. Thyagarajan. 1989. Optical electronics. Cambridge, U K Cambridge University Press. 6. Pollock, C. R. 1995. Fundamentals of optoelectronics. Chicago: Irwin. 7. Marcuse, D. 1977. Loss analysis of single-mode finger splices. Bell System Tech. J. 56: 703-718. 8. Cheo, P. K. Fiber optics and optoelectronics. 2nd. ed. : Prentice-Hall. 9. Powers, J. P. 1993. An introduction tofiber optic systems.
For ease of manufacturing and to prevent the glass surface from being scratched the coating is applied during the drawing process. Often, the first coating is not sufficient to protect the fiber and additional coatings are used, which are commonly referred to as buffering. The buffered fiber is then embedded in various strength members and additional protective jackets. These additional layers have as their primary goals to protect the fibers from water, rodents, and temperature fluctuations and to reduce stress in the fiber (Fig.
ThCriault, et al. 1995. “An All-Fiber Dense-Wavelength-Division MultiplexerDemultiplexer Using Photoimprinted Bragg Gratings,” IEEE Photonics TechnologyLetters 7(4): 388-390. 34. , W. W. Morey, and W. H. Glenn. 1989. “Formation of Bragg Gratings in Optical Fibers by a Transverse Holographic Method,” Optics Letters 14(15): 823-825. 35. Hill, K. , B. Malo, and F. Bilodeau, et al. 1993. “Bragg Gratings Fabricated in Monomode Photosensitive Optical Fiber by W Exposure Through a Phase Mask,” Applied Physics Letters 62( 10): 1035-1037.