By Tod E. Kurt
The Jetsons will be proud!
A gizmo as cool as Roomba simply begs to be hacked. Now, with this booklet and the professional ROI specification provided by way of iRobot®, you could develop into the robot engineer you've constantly dreamed of being. construct a Bluetooth interface to your Roomba. flip it into an artist. set up Linux on it and provides it a brand new mind. a few hacks are useful, others are in simple terms enjoyable. them all allow you to play with robotics, and never one will void your guaranty.
* construct a serial interface tether.
* manage a Bluetooth® interface.
* force Roomba.
* Play with sensors.
* Make it sing.
* Create a Roomba artist.
* Use your Roomba as a mouse.
* attach Roomba to the web.
* wireless your Roomba.
* substitute Roomba's mind.
* set up Roomba-cam.
* placed Linux® on Roomba.
* contains a significant other website.
All this and it'll nonetheless fresh your ground!
Get the legit iRobot Roomba Open Interface (ROI) specification and all code awarded within the booklet in ready-to-run shape at wiley.com/go/extremetech.
Read Online or Download Hacking Roomba: ExtremeTech PDF
Similar technology books
Amy Ione's Innovation and Visualization is the 1st intimately account that relates the improvement of visible photographs to techniques in paintings, communique, clinical examine, and technological boost. built-in case reports permit Ione to place apart C. P. Snow's "two culture" framework in desire of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy.
· New learn on nanofibers, preforms, complex braiding, multifunctional composites · necessary layout info and knowledge for all stages of cloth composites improvement · Multiscale research, harm prediction, ballistics checking out, mechanical layout · Civil and armed forces, structural and load-bearing purposes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This 578-page ebook is an unique and demanding number of over sixty five by no means formerly released investigations within the fast-growing fabrics technological know-how box of cloth composites.
Nach mehr als 20 Jahren liegt das Nachschlagewerk zur Baukonstruktion von Martin Mittag wieder in einer völlig überarbeiteten und auf den neuesten technischen Wissensstand gebrachten Auflage vor. Zahlreiche detaillierte Zeichnungen geben eine Übersicht über das um-fangreiche Gebiet der Baukonstruktionen.
- Smart Nanoparticles Technology
- Boundary Element Advances in Solid Mechanics (CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences)
- The Correspondence of Isaac Newton
- Hybridoma Technology in the Biosciences and Medicine
Additional resources for Hacking Roomba: ExtremeTech
But the component parts are simple (and cheap) and easy to get from a variety of suppliers. In the Introduction, I mention several good part suppliers. com/) part numbers are used below simply because they carry both the parts and tools needed and have a friendly web site to order from. The next section will show you how the entire project can be broken down into three easily digestible chunks. These chunks, or sub-circuits, will show up again in subsequent projects in this book and other circuits that you can discover on the Internet.
The next section will show you how the entire project can be broken down into three easily digestible chunks. These chunks, or sub-circuits, will show up again in subsequent projects in this book and other circuits that you can discover on the Internet. No circuit is entirely new and unknown: It’s composed of sub-circuits you will have seen before once you’ve built a few. Part of the fun of learning new circuits is to see how each one incorporates the bits and pieces you already know. And like baking, you’ll find that variations to make a circuit your own are not only possible but recommended.
Chapter 2 — Interfacing Basics There is no way to determine which state the robot is in. If you are unsure, explicitly set its state to what you want. If the Roomba battery is removed or when the battery is too low for Roomba to operate reliably, the system will switch to the off state. One undocumented event that has happened a few times to me is an over-current event. If the Roomba battery is low and the robot attempts to do something that uses a lot of current (like drive across thick carpet), it appears to trigger an over-current sensor that switches Roomba out of safe or even full mode and into passive mode.