By James W. Carpenter
A speedy, concise connection with the medicine and dosages used to regard unique animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 4th version addresses the most typical questions and clinical events you stumble upon in medical perform. Species lined comprise birds, fish, amphibians, reptiles, primates, flora and fauna, and every kind of small mammals and "pocket pets." This version is up to date with a brand new bankruptcy on invertebrates, details at the most modern medicinal drugs, and a colourful new layout. Written by means of medical and study veterinarian James chippie, this publication is the one drug formulary out there created exclusively for the remedy of unique animals.
- Nearly 2 hundred drug tables offer transparent, present tips on medicinal drugs, symptoms, and dosages utilized in treating unique animals, together with organic tables with info on remedies and diets, common blood parameters of universal species, venipuncture websites, differential prognosis, and clinical protocols for universal stipulations.
- All drug info is reviewed for accuracy, making sure that this reference continues to be authoritative and current.
- Easy-to-use organization divides drug monographs into quick-reference chapters including: Invertebrates, Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, Sugar Gliders, Hedgehogs, Rodents, Rabbits, Ferrets, Miniature Pigs, Primates, and Wildlife.
- Additional drug topics comprise antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiparasitic brokers.
- More than 20 specialist authors give a contribution to this edition.
- References in every one chapter offer assets for additional learn and research.
- Convenient appendices supply a unmarried resource for info resembling sessions of substances used to regard particular unique animal stipulations; efficacy of chosen brokers used to regard unique animals; position of pick out laboratories to accomplish approaches; general lab values; conversions; and equivalents.
- New Invertebrates chapter has been added.
- New two-color layout makes details more straightforward to entry at a look, with drug and organic tables shaded otherwise for quick look up.
- Updated information contains assurance of the newest medicinal drugs brought into the market.
- Electronic entry is on the market through Pageburst, making it effortless to go looking themes and medication. Sold separately.
Read Online or Download Exotic Animal Formulary, 4e PDF
Similar veterinary medicine books
The successful end to the mythical series
With each one booklet extra enticing than the final, James Herriot once more brings us the mystical fantastic thing about Yorkshire via his uplifting stories as a rustic veterinarian. those tales offer a grand finale to the glorious books that begun with All Creatures nice and Small and endured in All issues brilliant and gorgeous and All issues clever and Wonderful.
It is simply after global struggle II, and James has again from the Royal Air strength to do conflict with the ailments and accidents that befall the livestock and pets of Skeldale and the encompassing moors. Four-year-old Jimmy Herriot, Humphrey Cobb and his little beagle Myrtle, Norman the book-loving veterinary assistant, and plenty of extra new faces subscribe to outdated favorites one of the eco-friendly hills of Yorkshire, as James takes an unforgettable voyage to Russia on a freighter with 383 pedigreed sheep. Touching our hearts with laughter and knowledge, lifting our spirits with compassion and goodness, James Herriot by no means fails to delight.
During the last twenty years, wound administration and reconstruction has develop into an more and more intriguing and significant quarter of veterinary surgical procedure. Our wisdom of the biology of wound therapeutic and of the criteria that give a contribution to irregular wound therapeutic has improved vastly. the appliance of recent dressing items, and novel surgical and microsurgical recommendations permit the veterinary healthcare professional to facilitate extra fast and useful recoveries, with fewer wound-related problems.
Invertebrate drugs, moment variation bargains a radical replace to the main finished booklet on invertebrate husbandry and veterinary care. together with pertinent organic facts for invertebrate species, the book’s emphasis is on delivering cutting-edge info on medication and the medical .
This identify offers practitioners with a realistic advisor to anesthesia that's effortless to exploit within the place of work surroundings. it really is geared up with the busy practitioner in brain, and within the series that anesthesia is played. The presentation comprises step –by- step protocols for restraint, anesthesia and sufferer tracking in addition to over 50 good designed tables overlaying medicinal drugs, problems and particular illnesses stipulations.
- Urinary Stones in Small Animal Medicine: A Colour Handbook (Veterinary Color Handbook Series)
- Small Animal Surgery Secrets E-Book
- Infectious Disease Management in Animal Shelters
- Small Animal Cardiology Secrets, 1e
- Small Animal Cardiology Secrets, 1e
Extra resources for Exotic Animal Formulary, 4e
J Vet Pharm Therap. 2005;28:433–439. 29. Gratzek JB, ed. Aquariology. The Science of Fish Health Management: Master Volume (Aquariology Series). Morris Plains, NJ: Tetra Press; 1994. 30. Gunkel C, Lewbart GA. Invertebrates. In: West G, Heard D, Caulkett N. Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia. Ames: Blackwell Publishing; 2007:147–158. 31. Gunkel C, Lewbart GA. Anesthesia and analgesia of invertebrates. In: Fish R, Danneman P, Brown M, et al. Anesthesia and Analgesia in Laboratory Animals.
P. ; cm. Includes bibliographical references and index. ) I. Carpenter, James W. (James Wyman). II. Marion, Christopher J. [DNLM: 1. Veterinary Drugs--Formularies. 2. Animals, Domestic--Formularies. 3. Animals, Wild--Formularies. 4. Animals, Zoo--Formularies. 5. Drug Therapy--veterinary--Formularies. 089’514--dc23 2011049147 Vice President: Linda Duncan Content Strategy Director: Penny Rudolph Content Development Specialist: Brandi Graham Publishing Services Manager: Pat Joiner-Myers Project Manager: Marlene Weeks Design Direction: Teresa McBryan Printed in China Last digit is the print number: 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Dedication This book is dedicated to the 34 residents and interns whom I’ve had the honor to train from 1991–2012, and who have brought great joy to my life and pride to our profession: Dr.
Morrisey, DVM, Diplomate ABVP (Avian) Companion Exotic Animal Medicine Service, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York Christal Pollock, DVM, Diplomate ABVP (Avian) Lafeber Company Veterinary Consultant, Cleveland Heights, Ohio Geoffrey W. Pye, BVSc, MSc, Diplomate ACZM Senior Veterinarian, San Diego Zoo Veterinary Services, San Diego, California Brian L. Speer, DVM, Diplomate ABVP (Avian), Diplomate ECZM (Avian) Medical Center for Birds, Oakley, California Julie Swenson, DVM Staff Veterinarian, The Phoenix Zoo, Phoenix, Arizona Valarie V.