By Rajesh Bhatia;R. L. Ichhpujani
Read Online or Download Essentials of Medical Microbiology PDF
Best biology books
In recent times, the research of bone cells and tissues on the mobile and molecular degrees in a number of types has revolutionized the sphere. In Osteoporosis: equipment and Protocols, best scientists from all over the world proportion their step by step laboratory protocols for learning bone biology. the subjects coated during this quantity contain in vitro versions, in vivo versions applied for drug trying out, tissue engineering and osteoporosis reports in both gender, cutting-edge molecular recommendations to evaluate unmarried genes or for worldwide genomic research, robust imaging concepts, and plenty of extra.
This ebook summarises present wisdom of the constitution, function,biosynthesis and legislation of energy-transducing enzymes inmitochondria, chloroplasts and micro organism. all the twenty chapters is written via most sensible specialists of their box, and Prof. Ernster has ensured that the e-book as an entire provides a well-integrated photo of the current nation of data of the sector at its varied degrees and complexities.
- Fungi: Biology and Applications, 2nd Edition
- Die Spur des Lebens: Paläontologie — chemisch betrachtet Evolution Katastrophen Neubeginn, 1st Edition
- International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology Volume 160
- Cellular and Molecular Biology of Neuronal Development
- International Review of Cytology, Vol. 29
- Oxygen Radicals in Biology and Medicine
Additional info for Essentials of Medical Microbiology
Usually the granules represent accumulated food reserves. Table 3–9. Cytoplasmic granules in bacteria Nature of granules Examples of bacteria Glycogen Poly-beta hydroxy butyrate Enteric bacteria Bacillus Pseudomonas Corynebacterium Yersinia pestis Babes-Ernst Nuclear Apparatus Polyamines The bacterial genome consists of single molecule of double stranded DNA arranged in a circular form which may open under certain conditions to form a long chain of around 1,000 μm. The bacterial chromosome replicates by single fission.
Cannot grow without oxygen is obligate aerobe. Most fungi, protozoa and many bacteria such as genus bacillus are strictly aerobic in their metabolism. Microaerophile does not grow at normal atmospheric tensions, but requires a small amount of oxygen in metabolism. Examples: Actinomyces israelii and Treponema pallidum. Facultative anaerobe is an aerobic organism capable of growth in the absence of oxygen—that is O2 is not absolutely required for its metabolism. The examples are enteric bacilli and staphylococci.
2. Agents which interact with DNA and its secondary structure producing local distortions in the helix thus Ames Test It is used to test whether a particular substance can induce mutations or not. Special strains of Salmonella that have lost their ability to synthesize amino acid histidine are used in this test. These strains easily undergo another mutation that restores their ability to synthesize histidine. Ames test is based on the hypothesis that if a substance is a mutagen, it will increase the rate at which these organisms revert to histidine synthesizers (Fig.