By Brian W. Kernighan
This e-book explains how today's computing and communications global operates, from via software program to the web and the net. It comprises adequate element so that you can know the way those platforms paintings, it doesn't matter what your technical historical past. The social, political and criminal concerns that new expertise creates are mentioned besides, so that you can comprehend the tricky concerns we are facing and enjoy the tradeoffs that experience to be made to solve them.
A compact yet exact and thorough rationalization of ways pcs and communications structures paintings, for non-technical readers who are looking to higher comprehend the realm they reside in. an outstanding resource for technical readers who wish anything that might aid their family and friends know about electronic structures.
Read Online or Download D is for Digital: What a well-informed person should know about computers and communications PDF
Similar technology books
Amy Ione's Innovation and Visualization is the 1st intimately account that relates the advance of visible pictures to suggestions in paintings, conversation, clinical learn, and technological enhance. built-in case stories permit Ione to place apart C. P. Snow's "two culture" framework in want of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy.
· New learn on nanofibers, preforms, complicated braiding, multifunctional composites · beneficial layout info and knowledge for all levels of fabric composites improvement · Multiscale research, harm prediction, ballistics checking out, mechanical layout · Civil and armed forces, structural and load-bearing purposes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This 578-page booklet is an unique and critical number of over sixty five by no means formerly released investigations within the fast-growing fabrics technological know-how box of fabric composites.
Nach mehr als 20 Jahren liegt das Nachschlagewerk zur Baukonstruktion von Martin Mittag wieder in einer völlig überarbeiteten und auf den neuesten technischen Wissensstand gebrachten Auflage vor. Zahlreiche detaillierte Zeichnungen geben eine Übersicht über das um-fangreiche Gebiet der Baukonstruktionen.
- ISA Handbook of Control Valves
- Magnesium Technology 2012
- Die Steuerung des Gaswechsels in schnellaufenden Verbrennungsmotoren: Konstruktion und Berechnung der Steuerelemente (Konstruktionsbücher) (German Edition)
- Principles of Optical Fiber Measurements
- Artificial Neural Networks in Real-life Applications
Additional info for D is for Digital: What a well-informed person should know about computers and communications
1 What Information Constitutes a User Profile? The most common user profile contents  are the following: • User interests: They describe the concerns of the users. They can be short-term or long-term. • Knowledge, background and skills: In intelligent tutoring systems and in adaptive environments it is essential to provide proper assistance to the user and to adapt the content of the information according to user’s, knowledge and skill. Some systems try to categorize users as expert, intermediate or novice depending on how well they know the application domain.
My—LifeBits: ful_lling the memex vision. In: Proceedings of the ACM Multimedia, pp. 235–238 (2002) 10. : StartleCam: A cybernetic wearable camera. In: Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Wearable Computers, p. 42, 19–20 Oct 1998 11. : An image-based indoor positioning for digital museum applications. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia (VSMM), pp. 105–11 (2010) 12. aspx (Cited 15 June 2012) 13. page=agsxmpp-sdk (Cited 15 June 2012) 14.
This will allow the user to watch or listen multimedia presentation in the paced—manual tour type after taking a photo of an exhibit. In this way the manual choices will turn to semi-automatic recommendations with user intervention. Furthermore, study towards the use of the mobile’s camera in order to deliver augmented reality services upon exhibits indoors is also a possible direction. In fact, indoor augmented reality is currently implemented using either explicit user intervention or using standing (not mobile) cameras and completely differs from outdoor augmented reality approaches.