By Richard S Lewis
In Appointment at the Moon, Richard S. Lewis strains the tale of America's enterprise in house from its beginnings almost immediately after international battle II, during the Mercury and Gemini tasks, and directly to the Apollo eleven flight which lifted guy out of his terrestrial domestic and set him at the street to the celebrities. [from front subject]
Read Online or Download Appointment on the Moon: The full story of Americans in space from Explorer 1 to the lunar landing and beyond PDF
Similar technology books
Amy Ione's Innovation and Visualization is the 1st intimately account that relates the improvement of visible photos to options in artwork, communique, medical study, and technological develop. built-in case reports enable Ione to place apart C. P. Snow's "two culture" framework in desire of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy.
· New study on nanofibers, preforms, complicated braiding, multifunctional composites · beneficial layout details and information for all stages of fabric composites improvement · Multiscale research, harm prediction, ballistics trying out, mechanical layout · Civil and army, structural and load-bearing functions -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This 578-page publication is an unique and significant selection of over sixty five by no means formerly released investigations within the fast-growing fabrics technological know-how box of fabric composites.
Nach mehr als 20 Jahren liegt das Nachschlagewerk zur Baukonstruktion von Martin Mittag wieder in einer völlig überarbeiteten und auf den neuesten technischen Wissensstand gebrachten Auflage vor. Zahlreiche detaillierte Zeichnungen geben eine Übersicht über das um-fangreiche Gebiet der Baukonstruktionen.
- Uniforms of the Elite Forces: Including the SAS and United States Special Forces
- Switch-Mode Power Supplies: SPICE Simulations and Practical Designs
- Dynamic Vision for Perception and Control of Motion
- 101 Design Ingredients to Solve Big Tech Problems
Additional resources for Appointment on the Moon: The full story of Americans in space from Explorer 1 to the lunar landing and beyond
He recalls: tember 21, 1956, we knew that with a ber did little bit of luck we could put a satellite into space. " Though Missile No. 27 was not used as a satellite launcher, one "experiment" was placed aboard. It was a letter addressed to Medaris, from Kurt H. S. Navy vessel, and then sent by more conventional meaos to ABMA, Huntsville, Ala. This letter is, therefore, in commemoration of the successful accomplishment of a significant step in the development of your Jupiter IRBM project as well as the first "rocket mail" delivered over a practical distance.
The original seven were then transferred to Fort Bliss, Texas, where they were joined by 55 more V-2 specialists in December 1945. All by that time were under Army. The Army moved promptly to create a rocket development group of its own, using the Germans from Peenemiinde as a contract to the nucleus. Rocket-test facilities, including a blockhouse with walls 10 feet thick, were built at the White Sands Proving Ground in miles wide. New Mexico, a flat desert 125 miles long and 40 22 / APPOINTMENT ON THE MOON By the end of 1945, all that was needed was rockets.
HATV had rdne motors burning hydrogen and oxygen. It feet. It weighed 101,440 pounds, with 89,000 pounds of propeUant (fuel and oxidizer) and a 1000-pound satellite. The launch weight re^ quired a thrust of 233,000 pounds at liftoff, nearly five times that of V-2. HATV had to be capable of accelerating the payload to 25,400 feet per second at an altitude of 150 miles. North American Aviation engineers confirmed JPL's finding that the HATV was feasible. However, they believed the same result could be achieved more cheaply by improving the old V-2 and adding upper stages to it.